Saturday, February 25, 2012

In Tokyo!!

I know it's been a couple months since I updated, but, I'm on Spring Break right now and have a lot of free time on my hands. Wow, so I have a LOT to talk about. I'll start with my trip to Sapporo.

I decided to spend 2 weeks there, and during one week of my travels was the Yuki Matsuri (Snow Festival). It's held during one week in February and it is VERY famous. People from all over the world come to Sapporo to see the festival. And the main attractions are the snow/ice sculptures. They are SO magnificent! Here are some of this year's sculptures!


Here is a collaboration of One Piece and Toriko
A whimsical undersea adventure!
 A castle based off of Tsuruga Castle
 This is a local sculpture. It was built by the hostel I was staying at. And I helped build it! :D This is of the Sapporo TV Tower and other mascots of Sapporo.
 From the Sapporo TV Tower, you can see the whole park where the sculptures are located!

I loved it there! I want to go back soon, but this time, with friends. And maybe just a week. Haha. But now I'm in Tokyo. I'll be spending about a month here, so I think I should be able to see/do everything I want to. It's impossible to get bored in Tokyo. There are so many things to do! But there have been days where I just want to stay in my room and enjoy a good book :) Can't always be out and about (or at least that is what my feet tell me).

I'll post more pictures soon (in the next couple of days, I SWEAR!). I'll especially make a post if my special Giga Pudding hunt day goes well. (Because it's so hard to find!!)

Well, I'll be back soon! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment